Thursday, June 9, 2011

U2 - Live

Rice Eccles Stadium - Salt Lake City, UT 05/24/11


Finally Bono, The Edge and two dudes that look like my drunk uncles came back to Utah after a delay caused by Jesus himself... oh wait... Bono throwing his back out after fondling some taters while originally rehearsing for the U2360° tour in Salt Lake 18 months ago.

Tuesday morning I was so excited to drive up to Rice Eccles stadium, spend an hour trying to park, watch Mormons make out and listen to Bono talk about himself that I could hardly stand it. The night unfolded exactly how I expected.

It is insane to me that people go this ape shit over U2. While the stage set up known as "The Claw" was really cool looking and the 360° video board made the show visible from every spot in the stadium, it was not enough to make up for the contrived self righteousness that U2 has become. Bono at one point literally spent five minutes of the show talking about himself and the band. But the clincher for me was when he pulled three women on stage and read some ridiculous poem about how Utah was so great. That's all I could handle and even though I got into the show for free I had to leave.

Now, the day after the show there are several reviews confessing their undying love for the band, preaching about how amazing the show was last night and how it was such a religious experience. Are you kidding me?! If your idea of a religious experience is watching a pre-rehearsed calculated narcissistic commercial you are clearly a brain washed sheep. Strong work Salt Lake Tribune and David Burger. You Dildos.

Here's some crappy pictures and a video:


No comments:

Post a Comment