Friday, April 15, 2011

Foo Fighters

Wasting Light



Okay so all these music websites are talking all this mad trash about how the Foo Fighter's are back. Spin and Rolling Stone as well as some other fools are hootin'and hollerin' that Wasting Light is so heavy and awesome and how great it is that Dave Grohl in a round about way is re-uniting Nirvana by having Butch Vig produce, Krist Novoselic guest and getting Pat Smear back in the band. But none of that matters becuase the music on this album is weak. There are probably three good songs on the whole album "Bridge Burning", "Rope" and "White Limo". The rest of the songs are middle aged rock ballad's not that far off from what Nickleback does. While I do give Dave Grohl a lot of respect cause I think he is a stand up dude and him and his band are pretty funny (check out the video below). As time goes on they seem to be making middle aged radio friendly rock songs with sappier and sappier lyrics ("Dear Rosmeary"). But now my Dad seems to get more excited about their new albums more then I do. Which is never a good sign. Too bad... Nate Mendel has and will always be my favorite bass player (Sunny Day Real Estate) but his bass lines are weak now. Well I guess I have their first three albums and this hilarious video to remind me why I used to like these guys. I still love you Nate!!


2 comments:

  1. I am yet to give this a listen, perhaps I should give it a miss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth listenihg to at least once through. I was just disapointed because of the all the hype.

    ReplyDelete